|Swiss Mobility Conference
20 & 21 October 2016 – University of Lausanne
The Swiss Mobility Conference (SMC) is the result of a collaboration between the chairs of urban sociology (EPFL) and geography of mobilities (UNIL). Its objective is to provide a place for discussion and debate for researchers in social sciences working on various forms of mobility.
Presentations will take place both in English and French (no simultaneous translation is planned during the conference) and will address mobilities in their diversity, revolving around the following themes:
- theoretical debates
- methodological innovations
- public policy and decision making in mobility
- regulation of mobility and its tools
- the actors and their logics of action (residential choice, modal practices, multilocal living, etc.)
- the norms and values underlying mobility and social inequality
- temporality and spatiality of mobility
- mobility prospective
- Laboratoire de sociologie urbaine, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Institut de géographie et durabilité, Université de Lausanne
S. Lufkin; M.-P. Thomas; V. Kaufmann; E. Rey : Linking spatial characteristics to residential lifestyles. A framework for analysing the hospitality potential of urban and architectural designs; Articulo - Journal of Urban Research. 2018-06-20.
A. A. R. Rigal : Changer le mode de vie, changer la mobilité. Lausanne, EPFL, 2018. DOI : 10.5075/epfl-thesis-8339.
V. Kaufmann : Salon de l'auto 2017. 2018-11-21. Notions scientifiques sur la foule et ses modes de gestion en pratique, Genève, 16 novembre 2018.